segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012

Making Salads - creativity or recipe?


How to make salads?
You can make salads with basically anything in the fridge that is vegetable or fruit along with some meat, cheese or even fish!
Some salads are classic like the traditional mix of lettuce, cucumber, onion and tomatoes seasoned with olive oil and vineger or lemon juice. But with a little imagination you can create your salads and serve them either as side dishes or main courses.
Get some inspiration with this chopped salad  recipe from Jamie Oliver.

Be creative and make up some new recipes for salads both hot and cold. Share some of your recipes here.

Here is mine:

Last minute salad.

I called it last minute because that is what I do when I have little time to cook and in a hurry.

I browse through the fridge to check  the vegetables in there and in the fruit bowl.
First I cook some spagetti enough for one or two.
In the fridge I usually have courgettes, carrots, cabbage and some herbs. I cut the vegetables in small cubes and add onion and garlic also diced. In a pan I put olive oil and stir fry the vegetables. I add a little balsamic vinegar to the mix. Then in a large bowl I mix everything with a little cheese, raisins or diced apple. As I love herbs I usually have parsley and coriander around. As a final touch just sprinkle the herbs on top and it's ready to serve.
This is my creative recipe based on a pasta salad I 've eaten when I was in Malta in a very very hot summer. It was so hot that we didn't have much appetite. So for dinner we orders a chef's salad and I loved it.

Sem comentários: